5.2.12

Coq au Vin

Another post involving a braise.  This time its the classic Coq au Vin.  Braises are great because they create a warming rich sauce packed with flavor.  This one has wine and stock as its base.   I'm not going to say much about this because there are 1001 recipes online.

My chicken was served with potato puree (just how much butter can YOU pack into a pound of potatoes?), halved baby carrots, and haricots vert, both blanched in salted water, and sauteed mushrooms.


The only thing I'll mention is that I was happy with my technique on this one.  Fluting mushrooms is much easier.  Also, I'm always happy when vegetables are cooked properly.  I hate under/over cooked veggies.  I don't know why, but it really makes me sad to see poorly cooked veg.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.